Tuesday, September 7, 2010

New Hobby

With so much extra time on my hands, you know, because of having an eternally clean and tidy house (please sense the sarcasm here) I have taken up a new hobby.

Well, it isn't really new. I've been puddling around with it for years, but never had the patience to actually sit down and do anything constructive with it.

I have started really focusing on photography.

Now, don't get me wrong, I just have a rinky dink point and shoot Canon Powershot that is four years old in Novemeber. It has a few more advanced settings, and I'm just learning to use them now, but it is a long and painful process. Mostly because as soon as I've read the sentence in the book, I have forgotten what it all means two seconds later. I really need to figure out how to get this brain working properly again...

Anywho...

Here are some pictures from the weekend. I took over 200 pictures this weekend because it was a long weekend and we were doing things, but only about 20 of those were pictures where I was actually attempting to use any of the fancy settings. The rest were all point and shoot to capture the moment before it walked away. This was also the first time I've tried to use the settings on things other than Peter watching tv on the couch, and various pieces of furniture. And without the book beside me.

Here are some of the ones that I really like. These are not edited at all, partly because I haven't had time, but mainly because I don't know how to use my new photo editor. I can't fill my head with too much new stuff. It might short circuit.


Photobucket
I love the fact that the leaves are starting to change colour.


Photobucket
This guy was hilarious! He kept on looking at us like we were from mars, and he was as tall as we were, which was actually kind of intimidating.


Photobucket
My baby girl. I would love to get a similar picture of my little man but he doesn't stay still for more than two seconds, and I need at least 10 to get settings changed. Maybe I'll get fast enough with time.


Photobucket
Our campfire

Photobucket
Now, I'm not sure what happened here, but I must have pressed something because the pictures of our sunset were all in this shadowbox format.



Photobucket
My wonderful husband


Photobucket
Another fire shot. It was really cold so while there were other really good opportunities for pictures at the time, I was not leaving the heat source.


These pictures are nothing special in comparison to other's photography, but I'm really happy with them. My over all goal is to work on understanding all the settings on this camera and how to use them to take half decent pictures, in hopes that one day I'll be good enough to warrant getting an Digital SLR and a small tripod.

And I'm hoping that my wonderful husband reads this so he gets the hint poke poke

Cheers!!
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment